Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yes, I'm Still Here!

I know I haven't posted in a couple of months. I don't know why. I've taken pictures, intending to get them here on the blog. I could have posted more about the end of lambing. Or getting ready for Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. Or the dreadful heat that we have had on certain days (we are about to get hit again with heat and humidity and I am not looking forward to it). But I guess I just haven't been very talkative.

Here is our booth at Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. The weekend was disappointing. And I know we weren't alone, as in talking to other vendors, they were saying the same thing. Several don't plan on going back next year. Larry has family living in that area, though, so for us it is a good excuse to get together with them, even if we hardly cover the cost of getting into the show in the first place.

And since I don't have a lot of good things to say about that show, here are some goat pics. We haven't decided yet who is for sale and who is staying, but I think I would like to keep this little doe here on the farm. She is just adorable.



The kids fit through the fence and help themselves to whatever they like in the yard.


At least they are grazing clean "pasture"!



Below, you can see the mommas in the background, in the barnyard where they belong. And the kids are out climbing on the old hay bales, having the time of their lives.


We have started weaning the oldest lambs. The kids will be weaned soon. We are downsizing the flock drastically this year, so many of the ewes are going to market as soon as their lambs are weaned. The Shetlands have to be photographed and those that we decide are for sale need to be posted on the web site. But very little will be done in the next few days - I think I mentioned we are in for an extended period of heat and humidity? I could really go for a couple of inches of snow right about now!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Those kids are simply adorable. Glad to see you back here too.
Didn't you have a booth at the Wi Spin? I could of sworn I met you and saw that display there.

Crafting in Yoohooville said...

Hello! I found your blog in searching the yarn label - I purchased some lovely laceweight from you at Chaplin Creek.

It's interesting to know the vendors were disappointed this year - my knitting and crocheting group went and while we normally spend a quite a bit, the vendors we usually buy from weren't there, and it just wasn't the same as in years past - I walked out with a skein of yarn and two patterns, whereas last year, I bought at least a dozen skeins of yarn - I just didn't *see* anything that caught me! That fair needs something to pep it up and get sales going.

It was great to meet you guys at Chaplin Creek - I look forward to seeing you again at Fiber in the Park!

Lael said...

Concetta, thank you so much for your kind words - looking forward to Fiber in the Park, too!

Christine said...

Sorry the show wasn't everything you hoped for. Even small ones are a ton of work to get ready for and when you don't at least meet expenses it is disappointing.

Your display is lovely and you have wonderful fiber.